Tuesday, September 1, 2009

31st August 2009 - LIONS DEN HOTEL, FNQ

It started during a simple break in Owl shrieks in the early hours of the morning. The gap was injected with a rather pathetic...meeeeeeowwww
 
......Meeeew?? What the hell was that? A weird sort of owl? A freakish change in pitch of geckos calling? Somehow in my half asleep brain I knew the noise just wasn't quite natural. After stumbling around in an attempt at getting myself together I peered inquistively through my timber venetians (not as fancy as they sound!)              
What interesting creature have I discovered? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I gaze out and much to my disgust find that my creature is nothing more exotic than a small, fine boned, tabby grey cat. Big saucer eyes stare up at me and like all kind of freaky, creepy instincts cats have, it seems to know exactly where I live!
 
Eeeeeek.... a small feeling of panic rises up. It's making out like I know what it's going on about. The I've been everywhere Man attitude that all cats seem to be born with stares straight back at me. "OK What the hell are you doing in there?" Even though I've never met him before, I feel guilty......."sorry.....was that me that took you on holidays (even though you are a CAT!) and left you because you were scared and ran under the deck of a strange hotel and wouldn't come out, and now you're lonely?" mmmmmmmm?  No
 
I ponder these thoughts for a moment and realise my door handles are high........he's definately staying out there in the warm tropical night tonight (and hopefully catching himself a rodent or two). We are not that big a push over, and besides there's still Fritter to contend with. Fritter is the children's 3 month old Jack Russell/Tenterfield terrier cross who will not be so keen to give up his spot as top Pub Dog!
 
So basically we have a cat hanging around who wants to be mates, yet is quite confused about where he comes from. The jury is out about whether he will be staying around or going back to the ranger. Moral of the Story......never, ever take your cat on holiday!


Click Here View photos of singles in your area